Thursday 1 May 2014

NZ Indie Polish Month!

May is finally here and PANZ (Polish Addicts NZ) have declared the month of May a time to spread a little love to the kiwi polish makers!

Some of the current NZ indie polish brands I own are;
Star Kin, Nail Juice, Handmade by Kyleigh and Polished Kiwi Lacquer!

I am hoping to add some more to my collection too! :)



So let's kick things off with a bit of Star Kin! :)
First up we have two Star Kin polishes Naked 1 and Blush! Naked 1 is a really gorgeous pale pink creme with a subtle shimmer.

Blush a pale pink creme with a hint of shimmer filled with multi-coloured matte glitters in various shapes! I though these two complimented each other beautifully.

 I thought this manicure was very soft, pretty and feminine.

                                     Indoor lighting (at night)



                                     Outdoor lighting (day)

I liked paring the base colour with two accent fingers of Star Kin so I tried it with Grass Will Be Greener. This polish reminds me of a mint version of Blush but with large black and white hexes. I used Chi Chi I Own That as a base and Star Kin Grass Will Be Greener as accent nails. Grass Will Be Greener is a beautiful mint creme with a hint of shimmer filled with multi-coloured matte glitters. The colours are a lot less harsh and are more softer in real life but I ended up using a flash on this particular shot.

                                     Indoor lighting (night with flash)

You can purchase Star Kin polishes made by the lovely Ami through her etsy shop :) 


4 comments:

  1. yayyyyyy so dainty and pretty :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Now I have to add Naked to my list of Star Kin wants :oP They look so pretty together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I know! They look gorgeous together! I like this combo!

    ReplyDelete