Saturday 28 September 2013

Alien Party

This manicure has several different elements to it. I was swatching my new polish "Flock Together" by Starkin when i was inspired to create alien art! To make it a little different I made the aliens ombre and glow in the dark.

This is "Flock Together" with a base coat and one coat. I quite like the sheer look with the all the glitters. Fun but somewhat elegant.



Here is two coats of "Flock Together".With two coats you get a nice coverage. As I did nail art over top I didn't bother with a third coat, however, if I was wearing this polish by itself I would. 

Charging the glow in the dark polish. I thought it looked kinda like they were being beamed up or something!


I have not really dabbled in creating patterns and pictures with glow in the dark polish before so this was new territory for me. I loved the creepy little alien faces staring at me! I think the glow in the dark polish looks slightly glittery too, not sure if its just the brand or what but i like it - adds an extra effect. 


Finally the end design. I am a huge lover of anything aliens, zombies, monsters etc.. so I really am digging these little extra terrestrial beings on my fingertips. I wasn't sure how the ombre would look but I think it works. I have been calling them my alien party nails because the background reminds me parties with sweets and party poppers and balloons! Normally I would have done black or galaxies for the background.


The polishes I used in this manicure are:
Flock Together - Starkin
Jaded - Revlon
Sassy - Revlon
Minted -Revlon
Onyx  - Maybelline colour show collection
Glow in the dark polish - CR
Clear -  Maybelline colour show collection (top coat)
Maximum Growth - Sally Hanson (base coat)

For my pointer finger I mixed Jaded and Sassy together and for my ring finger I mixed Sassy and Minted together. 


So there it is. My first official blog post! pretty exciting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment