Monday 13 January 2014

Nail Art Challenge A Trip Down Nail Art Lane: Day 1

Okay so I have found the perfect nail art challenge to start 2014! "a trip down nail art lane" is a really cool week long nail art challenge created by Moonshine and Sunlight. Check out her blog to see the details and rules of  the challenge.

Here is the challenge






Okay so Day 1's theme is "recreate your first nail art, the one you started with." I haven't been in the blogging world for very long, yet I started nail art two years ago... So all my first blogging stuff doesn't really show much change in how far I have come. So I have picked one of the manicures I first ever recreated from a Cutepolish video tutorial. I recreated the Pac Manicure

Okay so first up is my old design. As you can see my nails were SHORT and the polish is lumpy and messy and it doesn't even look like there's a topcoat.  My nails were to short to recreate the same design Cutepolish did so I had to do a simpler version. 



Since then I have learnt a lot more about tools, clean up and nail care. 

Now here is the recreated version 


As you can see there is a great difference in my skill level and my nails are long enough to do the entire design on!! 

The polishes I used for this manicure were:

O.P.I - Glints of Glinda
Maybelline Colour Show Collection - Fierce and Tangy 
Maybelline Colour Show Collection - Porcelain Party 
Maybelline Colour Show Collection - Onyx Rush
O.P.I - Dating a Royal (mixed with Porcelain Party)
Seche Vite Top Coat

Don't forget to link your design to Moonshine and Sunlight :) 


See y'all tomorrow for Day 2 eeeek! 




No comments:

Post a Comment