Friday 17 January 2014

Nail Art Challenge - A Trip Down Nail Art Lane: Day 5

Eeeeek! running very late today :( technically it is day 6 again. The last challenge I did I never finished, so I am really stoked with how I am still sort of up to date most of the time with this one!. Day 5 of Moonshine and Sunlight's nail art challenge is "recreate your favourite nail art". I had to have a bit of a think about one. I really like the drip effect on nails and have done ombre slime and glitter paint drips before. I combined these ideas and ended up with glitter slime dripping down my nails. This is just one of my favourite designs as I really cannot pin point a specific manicure as I have many favourites. 


These are my first drip nails I did! My nails look a bit funny (shape) and the matte looks streaky.



These were quite recent drips I did!! i love the glitter effect.


This is the process of what ended up as my final manicure for this part of the challenge. 

I first did the base colour and slime. I like how shiny it looks but forgot to do the matte before the slime!


So I ended up having to matte the entire design. I actually really like the matte finish! 


Finally I ended up with green slime glitter drips! which I absolutely love!


Polishes used in this manicure:

O.P.I - Glints of Glenda
Revlon - Sassy
Star Kin - Charisma 
Seche Vite Top Coat

Day 5 down! 2 more days to go.. don't forget to link your post to Moonshine and Sunlight if you are participating. 

See y'all tomorrow! 





No comments:

Post a Comment