Saturday 18 January 2014

Nail Art Challenge - A Trip Down Nail Art Lane: Day 6

Second to last day of the trip down nail art lane challenge! The theme for today was "a technique you are not so perfect at". My first thought was stripping tape! but then I really wanted to have a go at water marbling as this is one of my biggest "frustration" manicures and they end up getting redone 3 times then abandoned. But I realized I didn't really have "brand new" polish which would make it more painful to try! So i decided on something I have had a small dabble with... water spotting! I have always wanted to try the turquoise effect nails I see all over the internet used with this technique! 

I absolutely love this manicure I did as I love rocks and gemstones! I have a whole bunch they are my second obsession to nail polish.


My Collection! 




Here are my best water marbled nails I have ever managed to do! I don't have any bad pictures as I was always too ashamed of my shabby water marbling skills and took the manis off straight away! 


Here is my first attempt of water spotting on some false nails... I used hand sanitizer in a small spray bottle. It was not the greatest.




First off my black was a little bit too thick so I thinned it out with polish thinner which helped. I started this manicure off with a terrible start. I completely ruined my nearly dry base colour trying to text and had to start again. Then I had multiple failed attempts at not just getting big black smudges on my nails ( I didn't think to take pictures of the fails - too frustrated hehe).


 Finally I managed to get an okay one!! I had to do some touch ups and remove some of the black with a cotton bud and polish remover. Success never felt so sweet than in this moment! The polish gods were finally on my side. 


I used perfume in the end to achieve the water spotting! For once my nail art room smelt beautiful! I am actually really surprised this technique turned out so brilliantly in the end.

Now these are not as gorgeous and perfect as most but for a second attempt at this technique I am stoked with how these turned out!



The polishes I used for this manicure were:
C.R Nail Polish -  #129 (I actually call this polish "Norman's Boat" as it looks identical to the colour of my Granddad's old boat!) 
Orly - Solid Gold
Maybelline Colour Show Collection - Onyx Rush 
Seche Vite Top Coat


Don't forget to check out Moonshine and Sunlight and link your post if you are participating! 
See y'all tomorrow for the finale! 





No comments:

Post a Comment