Tuesday 14 January 2014

Star Kin Polish Review

Okay so recently I was sent some Star Kin mini samples of new polishes that have been released this month in the Star Kin shop






First of all I have to say it was so exciting opening my parcel to see which colours Ami had sent me! I felt like a child with a lucky dip parcel!

The bottles are so cute.. I am in love with miniature things so no surprise these are a favourite among my stash. Miniature + Star Kin (my favourite polish brand) = a million happy dances and squee faces! :) 


Okay so let's get down to business! Today I will be reviewing Aurora Australis and Milk and Honey.



Starting with the gorgeous Aurora Australis.. first off i love the name. Aurora Australis was made by Annette, it's a multichrome pink/gold/orange. Soon as I saw the bottle I knew i would love this polish. Now I am not usually a huge fan of chrome polish but this had me hooked as soon as I applied the first coat. It is simply stunning.



I couldn't quite get a good photo of the pretty colour shift but this photo does show the elements of gold and orange within it!



Application of this polish was smooth. These pictures show two coats of Aurora Australis and 
one coat of seche vite top coat.


These photos do not do this polish justice for how amazing it is! It is 10 times prettier in real life especially when you can see the colour shift! 


 This polish is a definate must have for me and I will be quickly snapping up a full sized bottle very soon!  After chatting to Ami I later found out that this polish swings more purple/pink/gold if layered over black. 



Next up is Milk and Honey.. again the name! This polish just sounds really heavenly and delicious it looks equally heavenly too!


 This polish just looks luxurious to me. As if someone very powerful and elegant would wear this. Polish of                                                                             the Gods!



This polish was very interesting and surprised me as it seems to be quite a nice texture polish when you have no top coat. I have never seen a textured polish quite like it before. I love how it doubles as two polishes and you can choose to have the rough textured version or top coat it for a smooth glossy look. 

Milk and Honey is a white base which looks cream on the nail. When I talked to Ami she explained this is
due to the gold holographic glitters. It also has lots of silver holographic glitters sprinkled throughout.


Here is the "textured" version two coats of Milk and Honey 


and here is Milk and Honey with two coats of Seche Vite 



               I added in this close up so you can see the pretty glitter mix scattered throughout this polish.


I am stoked with these polishes and definitely will be adding these two beauties to my shopping cart!

 If you would like to purchase some of these gorgeous polishes hop on over to Star Kin on Etsy  or check out Star Kin on facebook or even take a squizz at  Ami's blog updates on the latest Star Kin products and swatches! 

Star Kin Polishes are hand made in New Zealand by the lovely and talented ladies Ami and Annette. Unfortunately due to New Zealands shipping policies Star Kin is only available in New Zealand. 

That's all for now but stay tuned for part two of my Star Kin review! :) 
Thank you for reading. 









No comments:

Post a Comment